Friday, February 6, 2009

Un poquito sobre la moda

I´ve long been an outspoken critic of Ugg boots. They give a woman a frumpy, horizontal appearance; in short, they´re unflattering. And I don´t care how comfortable they are... you´re better off wearing tennis shoes. The prevalence of Ugg boots in the U.S. has been like a scourge on the land.

So I´m happy to report that I´ve made zero Ugg sightings since I´ve been in Spain. Instead, it´s very common for women here to wear fashion boots that look similar to English-style riding boots (I´ve seen them both with and without heels). This trend is much more flattering... these boots give a sleek, slender appearance. I´ve seen these boots in the U.S. before, but certainly not with this frequency.

Here´s to hoping this trend makes it across the pond, and cleanses our society of Ugg boots forever. :)

6 comments:

  1. I've actually seen a few girls wearing the boots you were describing in the past couple weeks so maybe your dream will come true? Hope you are enjoying your last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh, I can't believe you wrote about Ugg boots. LOL. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian!! I am a major supporter of riding boots as well and have been looking for the perfect pair. I was just talking to Kris about Uggs. Here in OC there were flashing billboards in front of stores that were promoting that they had lots of Uggs in stock!! OMG!! THE MADNESS CONTINUES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots are definitely an european thing...but is slowly making it's way to the U.S...Uggs are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roman, pues... ¿qué puedo decir? Escribo que veo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I tried a pair on for my D.C. trip and they are really comfortable! Some are cute and others are not. I didn't get them, so we can still be friends, okay?

    ReplyDelete